Sunday, June 21, 2009

An Evening in the 1950's


The 1950's
The 1950's by Threads featuring Mod Cloth.com

In one of my many vintage research sessions online, I ran across this 1950's dress designed by Frank Starr. (A well-known fashion designer in the 50's). I love the square neckline, the cap sleeves, and how the waist and darting create such a great, feminine shape. What really caught my attention with this dress is the fact that it was so similar in its color and in some of its features to this modern-vintage dress I had saved to my favorites from Mod Cloth.

When I was choosing a shoe to go with this dress I knew I wanted to go with a t-strap heel. The t-strap shoe was very popular in the 1950's but when looking up t-strap shoes online most of them are pretty bulky or heavy for this particular dress. I love this t-strap sandal heel that is much more light, and actually perfect for the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment