Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Sound of Music


The Sound of Music
The Sound of Music by Threads featuring Mod Cloth

The "Sound of Music" is one of my most favorite movies. It takes place in Austria during WWII and is therefore full of 1930's and 1940's style clothing. Julie Andrews' dresses are very simple and sweet in this movie. I love the pretty blues in some of her dresses and her cute hat is classic. Definitely go watch the movie, look at some of the photos, and see the fashion of this time period.

While I was looking at Mod Cloth online I came across this dress. The "Sound of Music" and Maria Von Trapp was the first thing that came to mind when I saw it. I love this dress and the very feminine features. While staying true to the vintage look it most definitely puts a more modern twist to the fashion from Austria during WWII.

No comments:

Post a Comment